Manager, Commercial Analytics
Boston, MA, USA Req #170
Friday, February 24, 2023
Who We Are:
At Xenon Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:XENE), we are committed to providing a brighter future for patients suffering from neurological disorders. Our employees are smart, passionate, dedicated, and driven by their incredibly important work to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines for patients in need. We are looking for great people who thrive in a respectful, collaborative, inclusive, and productive culture to join the Xenon team.
What We Do:
We are advancing an exciting pipeline of neurology-focused therapies, with a focus on commercializing novel treatments for epilepsy. Building upon the positive results and compelling data from our XEN1101 Phase 2b “X-TOLE” study in adult patients with focal epilepsy, our XEN1101 Phase 3 epilepsy program includes studies in adult patients with focal onset seizures and primary generalized tonic clonic seizures. In addition, XEN1101 is being evaluated as a treatment for major depressive disorder in both a company-sponsored Phase 2 clinical trial, as well as an investigator-led proof-of-concept study. We are also proud of the leading-edge science coming out of our discovery labs, where many innovative, early-stage research programs are underway. In addition to these proprietary programs, our pipeline includes clinical-stage partnered programs. Backed by a strong balance sheet to support our growth plans, we continue to build a fully integrated, premier neuroscience company with strong discovery, clinical development, corporate, and commercial operations.
About the Role:
About the Role:
We are seeking a Manager, Commercial Analytics to join the commercial team. The Manager, Commercial Analytics will support data analytics needs across the commercial function to inform key strategic decisions. Additionally, this role will play a versatile role in supporting other functions of the commercial team, including forecasting, market research, and competitive intelligence. The Manager, Commercial Analytics will work independently and collaboratively as a key member of a cross functional team focusing on analytical support and evaluation of pipeline candidates.
This position reports to the Business Analytics Lead and will be located in the Boston, MA, USA location; we may consider other locations for an exceptional candidate.
- Lead data analytics within commercial, including tracking and analyzing quarterly branded anti-seizure medication prescription data and data analysis (e.g. scripts, claims data) to support commercial decision making
- Collaborate with commercial and cross functional stakeholders to identify dataset needs and plan/execute analysis
- Identify and evaluate new datasets that further commercial objectives (e.g. expand knowledge of branded competitors)
- Provide input from data analysis into forecasting, competitive intelligence, and market research
- Create effective deliverables to communicate the findings and recommendations to relevant stakeholders across Xenon
- Work with commercial functions (e.g. Market Access, Marketing, etc.) to support data analytics
- Provide strategic and data analytics feedback to market research projects and support project execution with vendor management and monitoring of data collection, data analysis, and interpretation
- Support competitive intelligence efforts by keeping apprised of Xenon competitors development and strategic areas of interest. Activities include monitoring, identifying, and compiling competitor data insights and news updates
- Design, build, and deploy data solutions in the form of reports and dashboards
- Develop and propose short- and long-term objectives for the function in accordance with overall Company strategies and plans
- Act in accordance with Company policies, including, for example, the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and ensure policies are understood and followed by direct reports, if any
- Some international travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS degree in a healthcare related field required; Graduate degree in business or healthcare preferred
- Pharmaceutical/Healthcare consulting experience is a plus
- 2+ years in the pharmaceutical space conducting data analysis
- Track record of successfully driving change and delivering results in ambiguous environments and working in a high performing matrix organization
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to frame business issues and apply data analysis to support real-time decision-making
- Strong business acumen who has translational capabilities between data analytics and business questions
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, global environment with multiple priorities that require strong project management and decision-making capabilities
- Resourceful and creative — must bring fresh insights to a dynamic business environment
- Ability to establish mutually productive and positive relationships with internal and external groups
- Experience of working in a regulated environment with Legal and Compliance organizations
To apply for this position, click Apply Now to complete the application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applicants, only those chosen for interview will be contacted.