Senior Specialist, Corporate Affairs
Vancouver, BC, Canada Req #175
Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Who We Are:
At Xenon Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:XENE), we are committed to providing a brighter future for patients suffering from neurological disorders. Our employees are smart, passionate, dedicated, and driven by their incredibly important work to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines for patients in need. We are looking for great people who thrive in a respectful, collaborative, inclusive, and productive culture to join the Xenon team.
What We Do:
We are advancing an exciting pipeline of neurology-focused therapies, with a focus on commercializing novel treatments for epilepsy. Building upon the positive results and compelling data from our XEN1101 Phase 2b “X-TOLE” study in adult patients with focal epilepsy, our XEN1101 Phase 3 epilepsy program includes studies in adult patients with focal onset seizures and primary generalized tonic clonic seizures. In addition, XEN1101 is being evaluated as a treatment for major depressive disorder in both a company-sponsored Phase 2 clinical trial, as well as an investigator-led proof-of-concept study. We are also proud of the leading-edge science coming out of our discovery labs, where many innovative, early-stage research programs are underway. In addition to these proprietary programs, our pipeline includes clinical-stage partnered programs. Backed by a strong balance sheet to support our growth plans, we continue to build a fully integrated, premier neuroscience company with strong discovery, clinical development, corporate, and commercial operations.
About the Role:
About the Role:
We are seeking a Senior Specialist, Corporate Affairs with skills in employee communications, event planning, and meeting coordination. This role will be responsible for the logistics and execution of large corporate events as well as complex meetings involving senior executives and board members. The Senior Specialist, Corporate Affairs will collaborate with the broader Corporate Affairs team to develop content for all-staff Town Halls, company-wide emails, content for the Company intranet, and other internal communications.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Corporate Affairs and will be located in the Vancouver, BC, Canada location; we may consider other locations for an exceptional candidate.
- Support the planning and logistics of complex internal and external meetings, including but not limited to Senior Executive Team meetings and offsites, board meetings, and large cross-functional meetings
- Support the planning and logistics of key events, including large corporate events, all-staff Town Hall meetings, and other events as required throughout the year
- With direction from the Corporate Affairs team, coordinate sponsorships of external events as well as charitable initiatives, including but not limited to managing Xenon’s attendees, compliance with corporate brand standards, etc.
- Work with the Corporate Affairs team to develop and deliver communications collateral for internal and external events, as well as other global, company-wide communications.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of employee-communications and other content on the Company’s intranet
- Participate in projects, as required, to support corporate and departmental goals
- Act in accordance with Company policies, including, for example, the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and ensure policies are understood and followed by direct reports, if any
- Other duties as assigned
- Certificate/diploma/degree in Event Management, Marketing, Business Administration and/or Hospitality Management an asset
- At least three years’ prior experience running or supporting complex events, with preference for large, employee-focused events
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office
- Combination of creative thinker and hands-on tactician
- Ability to identify and handle confidential materials/information appropriately
- Experience working with Sharepoint as an Intranet tool an asset
To apply for this position, click Apply Now to complete the application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applicants, only those chosen for interview will be contacted.