Advisor, Governance & Board Administration
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Board Relations, the Advisor, Governance and Board Administration will play a critical role in supporting the agency’s system of corporate governance and helping to build and maintain an effective corporate compliance program for the AGCO. The position will also work closely with the Senior Manager, Board Relations to ensure there is an effective Board administration program to support the Chair, Board Members and C-Suite Executives, and provide research, writing and analytical support, to advance corporate priorities and projects and to help maintain effective government relations.
As a key member of the Corporate Governance and Board Administration department, your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting research to develop options, strategies and recommendations to support effective corporate governance practices and processes and ongoing compliance by the AGCO with laws and provincial government directives and policies.
- Coordinating and overseeing key governance strategies and programs across the various divisions and preparing consolidated reports for senior management to ensure compliance and effective implementation of such programs.
- Supporting agency-wide projects and initiatives by providing research, writing and analytical support to senior management.
- Assisting with the coordination and execution of activities supporting all work of the AGCO Board, which includes monitoring and tracking all Board-related accountabilities to ensure internal and government mandated deadlines are met and assisting in the development of agendas and background material for Board meetings.
- Liaising with the AGCO Chair, Board Members and senior management (including C-Suite Executives) on Board-related matters and in the coordination of internal/external Board and committee meetings, tours, site visits, etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience interfacing with senior management, boards of directors, external stakeholders and partners.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience relating to research methodologies and techniques.
- Superior organizational and well-developed administrative skills.
- Intuitive and creative thinking skills with a strong commitment to solving problems through collaboration, engagement and consensus-building.
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic acumen and superior writing capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with a strong ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders.
- Post-secondary degree in public administration, political science or related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
- Type de paie Salaire
- 90 Sheppard Ave E, North York, ON M2N, Canada