Huntsville is located just 215 km north of Toronto and is the largest town in beautiful Muskoka with a population of over 20,000.
If you’re a team player, a self-starter, and willing to learn and lead by example, we want to hear from you. We are looking for the right person to join our experienced and passionate news team.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable producing content in audio, video, and written forms, and understands the importance of social media and its evolving role in the news cycle.
About the Job:
This is a full-time news reporting position and you will be writing and recording stories for both MyMuskokaNow.com and our daily on-air newscasts. The position requires covering all types of local stories (i.e. crime, politics, environment, social issues, etc.), as well as writing quickly and accurately to post online.
The candidate should have an attitude of responsibility and service, and be genuinely interested in the community. You will have local and remote supervision and support.
- Become a part of the community, live, work, and play here
- Research and write daily news stories for online and on-air broadcasts
- Manage multiple social media platforms and update as required during the 24-hour news cycle
- Produce news audio and video
- Gather actualities both in the field and by phone for newscasts
- Take part in daily news meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working in a newsroom or equivalent journalism background
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong on-air delivery
- Superior organizational skills
- Self-starter with a strong news sense
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- A valid driver's license
- Type de paie Salaire
- Huntsville, ON P0B, Canada