Payroll & Benefits Specialist
Vista Radio is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Payroll and Benefits Specialist with experience in benefits and processing payroll for both commissioned and salary-based employees. This is an in-office position that will be based in our head office in Courtenay, BC. Reporting to the Director of Finance and working with the Human Resources Advisor, the Payroll and Benefits Specialist will be responsible for benefit administration, along with managing and executing the entire payroll process, ensuring timely and accurate payments for all employees, and ensuring compliance with federal regulations.
- Ensure compliance with Canada Labour Code payroll regulations, including tax laws and wage and hour regulations.
- Process payroll for both commissioned and salary-based employees, including computing wages.
- Process payroll duties within a unionized and non-unionized environment.
- Ensure all payroll taxes and deductions are accurately calculated and withheld.
- Communicate with managers to verify accuracy of employee timecards.
- Administer the commission-based payment scheme for sales staff and other employees eligible for commission, including calculating monthly commission payments using Excel spreadsheets.
- Reconcile payroll data to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Set up new employees into payroll system, modify and maintain employee records.
- Process terminations along with completing the Record of Employment in a timely fashion.
- Maintain accurate and confidential employee payroll and benefits records using our HRIS system – Dayforce.
- Manage and maintain physical documentation in personnel filing systems.
- Ensure accurate tax forms are provided to employees.
- Generate payroll reports and assist with audits as needed.
- Monitor and update or create payroll department processes as needed.
- All other duties as required.
- Manage all aspects of employee benefits programs, including health insurance, AD&D and other voluntary benefits.
- Complete the employee benefits enrollment process, and ensure changes are handled with accuracy.
- Maintain accurate records of employee benefits, participation and contributions.
- Respond to employee payroll and benefits inquiries and resolve any issues or discrepancies.
- Interface with benefits providers and third-party administrators to resolve issues and improve the quality of benefits services.
- Collaborate with HR and finance teams to reconcile benefits-related data and effectively utilize HRIS functionalities.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation or working towards it is considered an asset.
- College diploma in Accounting, Business or Finance is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ payroll experience.
- Previous experience in benefits administration.
- Strong understanding of payroll regulations, tax laws, and benefit plan programs or policies.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite required, particularly with Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience with a variety of computer software programs, such as Ceridian Dayforce.
- Proficiency in HRIS and benefits administration software.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Aptitude for critical thinking; able to work through problems creatively and effectively.
- Ability to handle increased workload during certain periods of the year (i.e., year end responsibilities).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
If you are a highly motivated Payroll and Benefits Specialist with experience in processing payroll for both commissioned and salary-based employees, we encourage you to apply.
- Type de paie Salaire
- Courtenay, BC, Canada